mhg resources alias issue

Andrew

06 Aug, 2012 03:27 PM

I'm using MacHg and it's been working great, but just had an issue popup and wanted to get some assistance. I opened up the terminal after restarting my computer and got this:

cd /Users/agray/SBWork/mobile
mhgResources='/Applications/MacHg.app/Contents/Resources'
alias mhg='"${mhgResources}/localhg"'
alias chg='HGPLAIN=1 HGENCODING=UTF-8 HGRCPATH="/Users/agray/.hgrc:/Users/agray/Library/Application Support/MacHg/hgrc" "${mhgResources}/localhg"'
"${mhgResources}/terminalinformation.sh" mhg chg SmartBriefs-Mac-Pro:mobile agray$ cd /Users/agray/SBWork/mobile
SmartBriefs-Mac-Pro:mobile agray$ mhgResources='/Applications/MacHg.app/Contents/Resources'
SmartBriefs-Mac-Pro:mobile agray$ alias mhg='"${mhgResources}/localhg"'
SmartBriefs-Mac-Pro:mobile agray$ alias chg='HGPLAIN=1 HGENCODING=UTF-8 HGRCPATH="/Users/agray/.hgrc:/Users/agray/Library/Application Support/MacHg/hgrc" "${mhgResources}/localhg"'
SmartBriefs-Mac-Pro:mobile agray$ "${mhgResources}/terminalinformation.sh" mhg chg

Changed directory to: /Users/agray/SBWork/mobile
mhg and chg are aliased to MacHg's mercurial binary. See http://preview.tinyurl.com/67fpjc3

When i try a simple command i used before like 'hg branch' I get:

abort: couldn't find mercurial libraries in [/usr/platlib/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages /usr/local/bin /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python27.zip /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7 /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/plat-darwin /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/plat-mac /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-tk /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-old /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/PyObjC /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages]
(check your install and PYTHONPATH)

The only thing that changed was I upgraded to mountain lion. I'm afraid I don't understand some of the more backend aspects of this, can someone help me out? I noticed that if i do "mhg branch" it works, but I dont know why this would change on its own.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by jason on 06 Aug, 2012 03:48 PM

MacHg is working (ie the application and the 'mhg' alias) since MacHg contains its very own copy of Mercurial and the dependent libraries. However, mercurial is "installed" in the unix way and those install files did not get copied over when you upgraded to Mountain Lion.

So simply just reinstall the command line Mercurial and you will be back in business...

http://mercurial.berkwood.com/

Cheers,
    Jas

2. jason closed this discussion on 06 Aug, 2012 03:48 PM.

3. Andrew re-opened this discussion on 06 Aug, 2012 03:55 PM

4. 2 Posted by Andrew on 06 Aug, 2012 03:55 PM

thanks so much for the quick reply, i really appreciate it! I'll follow the steps you said. Just curious, if i use 'mhg' is there any difference to what it does to the code?

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by jason on 06 Aug, 2012 04:43 PM

No problem! :)

see http://machghelp.jasonfharris.com/kb/general/machg-and-using-mercur...

As to the differences in the version of Mercurial in MacHg and the latest Mercurial... Well... I haven't had time to upgrade the Mercurial inside MacHg. Not that much has changed in the later versions that would effect you. Some minor bug fixes, etc. There has been definite progress in some aspects (eg, graft, large files (I gather) and also in phases but MacHg does't yet have an interface for these...)

Hopefully soon...

Cheers,
    Jas

6. jason closed this discussion on 06 Aug, 2012 04:43 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac